Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ahead of the game

SUCCESS! Today is only early Tuesday morning and my project is complete! I am pretty happy with the results. I sanded it down a bit, wiped it with cheesecloth to get rid of any dust, and reinstalled the knobs once it was dry. Voila!

Next I'm going to transfer a hand-drawn gecko image onto the top in pencil. I will probably go over it with a black Sharpie, and then prepare the surface to mosaic.

In order to do that, I will use 80 grit sandpaper to roughen up the surface, and then wipe it down. After that I will use 50/50 water/Weldbond glue solution to seal the surface. I will use two coats, then begin the mosaic. This project is SO much fun! I definitely recommend it. It's really not as daunting of a task as it may seem at first, when broken down into steps.

If interested in repainting a dresser, or something similar, you can find step-by-step instructions here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4781819_repaint-a-dresser.html

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment