Sunday, August 23, 2009

Break time!

This project isn't "due" til the 26th, but I thought I'd share my progress. I hope to have it all painted by Wednesday. That will be the first project, since I got started late, and then by the next Wednesday I hope to have it topped with a mosaic design, probably another gecko.

I started by cleaning the jewelry box (which is in the shape of a small dresser) with soap and water. I then removed the drawers from it, then removed the hardware from the drawers. I sanded down the box with 80 grit sandpaper, then wiped it with cheesecloth to remove any dust. I then sanded it down again with 120 grit sand paper and wiped it down again with cheesecloth. Then I began to prime the drawers and the box itself with Kilz. The picture shows where I left off... as you can see I still have to finish priming the drawers. But alas, it's time for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment