Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An introduction to my world!

Hey there!

Welcome to my very first blog! I am a big fan of almost any type of art, and of writing, so I think blogging is a great way to express myself.

A little about me... I am born and raised in the Boston area. My subjects are generally women's faces and portraits of animals. I have dabbled in drawing and painting, but my true love lies in mosaics. I am very new to this medium, and look forward to learning as I go! I am always on the lookout for classes, workshops, etc. If you know of any, let me know!

Since I am so new to mosaics, and I just moved into a new section of town, I have yet to get around to grouting any actual projects. Right now I am working on a mosaic of a tree frog atop a nightstand. I hope to have it finished soon! I have attached a recent picture.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job!! Can't wait to see more.
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! I appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is just so beautiful. Thank you for giving me a piece or two. I love them. Use your talent to distract you are really creative then. Keep up the good work but you need to start a new piece for the New Year.

    Love you,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Many hugs, and the warmest wishes of peace and love for the New Year! I just started planning a fun new piece :)

    ReplyDelete